OK this is a poll

Well you was right ..carfix ..the V12 is no joke ..i finally made a choice to purchase a white 850i i put a deposit on the car ..
the interior is clean no ripps the engine has 61,000 miles car is cherry condition except the cd changer is missing and the electric motor in the passenger seat needs fixed ..which the dealer said he will assume the cost ..with a tune up to ...at a bmw service lot ..to bring the car back to speed ...since i put a deposit on the car people been after it ..like crazy ...i started to wonder ..the salesman go's a lawyer just test drove it ...i had a fit big time
i wondered if he seen all these post of 8 series on here ...lol[hihi]
anyway i am glad to get one big time ..heres a shot of the car
as this unfolds il have better pictures soon... [thumb] [burnout]

Attachments

lol"

I know were to get the rims ..the blk car has ...just that the owner of the blk one sounds so iffy ..on selling it ...it so happens
that he turned down to buyers with the cash up front ..kinda spooked me ..plus the milage ..looks alone can be decieving ..so i took all that in consideration ..specialy dealing with a clutch car
but thanks ..you guys ..dont worry ..i am gonna make this one look sweet .. like this one ...by the way these are mk motorsport rims.[thumb] [burnout]

Attachments

Last edited:
DAMN..... now i'm jealous..... pretty car you got there.... i know you'll love it..... i'm still looking for a Brokatrot (burgandy) ci or csi that is in good condition and reasonably priced...... not asking for much am i? in the meanwhile, my 750 will keep me happy..... john

Check this out carfix

I looked at alot of cars ..i think i got Bmw headache ..i was trying to find one with at least some decent low miles were i can catch everything before it all breaks in ..i got this baby for a cool 23,000
us ..he wanted 26,000 us ...so i had to do the ole let it sit there routine ..so many people tried to get this car through credit it was a trip ..i knew i had to go all our nothing on this ...also ive been checking on the dinan mods the chip sets for it ..which are not that exspensive ..now those 850csi are so exspensive ..starting at lowest of 34,000 and up i had 5 850i for back up ..but you know ..some were so high in milage over the 100,000 mark ..kinda scary ..but heck ..there still selling ..but that blk beauty you got is know joke either ..just that you got room to
feel the power also check out roadfly.org and take a peek at bmws for sale and to your left click e31 theres a 850i for less than 20 grand ..heres a picture of it [thumb] [burnout]

Attachments

Dwayne,

Nice car! Enjoy it! Check with the dealer and see how he is repairing the seat. They can get out of synch...one corner of the seat lags behind the other, instead sliding straight ahead. The dealer repair is very, very expensive. Good he's covering it.

It's been a while...

Dave
Mississauga

the miles don't really scare me on a car depending on how it was maintained.... my car has 142k on it and runs like new...... i have talked to many techs and they all tell me the same thing... the motor will go well over 300k if ya take care of it..... since i only drive 3.5 miles each way to work it should last me several years....... or at least till i can find a steal on an 850...... but i want a burgandy one, same color as my 750.... john

Attachments

your car looks good carfix

And welcome back ..dlynch..i was wondering what happened to ya [:D] ..well i am glad i got the dealer to assume the cost ...i figured once that car hits the street off the lot ...thats it ...
its hell to get them to fix stuff ...also ive been checking into some gas conditioners that can keep that sulfur out of your gas ...there been a rash of filthy gas big time ...i did a filter change on my 740il ..and let some of that gas in a glass ...and it was dirty as all get out ..anyway ..chevron has this techno stuff in a blk bottle that works good ...[thumb] [burnout]

Chevron stuff is well thought of on the miataforum. Hard to find in Canada though.

I've used Redline's fuel additive.

Trouble with posting here is that I really miss our 850.

We drove up along side a new M3 today. The front rims were absolutely filthy. They looked like they were chocolate dipped! Didn't look long at that car.

Dave
Mississauga

gra8fuldd

Dwayne:

Congrats on your purchase.

I was going to tell you about a Southern Calif. '95 840ci ... Orig Owner. Car I think has a little less than 51K miles on it and it had the engine replaced by BMW around 15k ago. I'm sure you've read about the V8 ... 7 and 8 series from '94 & '95 that had motor problems due to high Sulfur content in the USA gasline. Instead of trying to fix it ... BMW just replaced the enitre motor under warranty. I believe the problem was called "The Nikasil Syndrome"

Anyway .... This car is Arctic Silver w/ Grey Leather and I must say ... You could "Eat" off of any portion of this car. I don't how much he wants ... BUT ... whatever it is ... Some one will be getting a showroom 8 series. Oh ... The car has the only 2 options that were available in that year ... Forge Alloy Wheels and Integrated Telephone. Everything else I believe was standard.

Lemme know oif you want more info OR ...???

Finally got the 850i home

Well i finally got car home this saturday ..been getting stares and looks like crazy ..it rides very good and so smooth ...will have to learn how to tame the beast under the V12 hood of course ..i took it out on the freeway did a 30 mile cruise ..and before i knew it i had a M3 staring in my rear veiw inticing me to punch it ...i did thee old punch it get off it fake and just let him go with a happy i beat him look ...at my age i am enjoying the whole car and just thankful for having the chance to own a classic period . Also by having the car home know i can really do a through out inspection of the little things ..the passenger seat still lags i think il fix that ..plus i found out about those fog light panel screws 850i owners complain about ..the brackets just give away ..so i have to make my own brackets to keep the fog light panels in place ..but other than that everything checks out ..this V12 is something else with the milage i have) The car is real tight ..ive been driving the 740il and american cars and the driving in the 850i is just totally awsome ..i also felt the rising heat some drivers complain about as well from the front vents ..but its the first day ...for know i am the big dummy learning every function ..were is this and whats that ...i think the car has a built in theft deterent system but i am having a viper pager alarm system installed with gps tracking added this week , Also i had gap insurance installed to insure the investment stays locked in as well
and il have to get another Bmw key made and get the security codes for the anti theft radio
i was going to install a custom system in ..but i thought if i keep the car true and original to its spec's the value of the car will stay inline with the numbers and options the car has ..and also there right about your diffrent on the freeway and on the street ..i seen only 3 to 4 840ci and maybe 1 850i around town ..your diffrent alright when your driving out there ..I also joined a 8-series club ..here and in the east bay of calif ..il have some good pictures here soon so you can really see this car up close and personal its cherry ...i found a build sheet in the glove box
from germany plus i am gonna try to run all the numbers to see deep inside of the history of the car ..like i did my corvette years ago ...also i am going to check out that redline stuff dlynch uses for his fuel additive as well ....and refrence to gra8fuldd post ..here i have nothing but respect for the 840ci almost came close to buying one ..but i figure if i am going to go all the way ..why short change the power the car deserves with a small liter 32 valve i heard countless stories of mid and high band power loss ..starving the driver of needed performance ..the best years i think are the 1997 840ci and as for the nikasil issue some owners are not even aware of that issue until its to little to late unless you got the money to back it up on changing the block ..Bmw has gotten new rules since then as things came for change with all there cars ..its always been about how much you want to spend in truth ..and to refrence to dlynch comments you really be suprised at some Bmw owners that dont take any pride in there cars ..they drive them down to the ground with out proper care and matinance its a shame ..i saw a 850icsi a classic ..dropped to the ground with enough spoilers to hit the runway with united airlines ..i just shook my head ...lol" they dont relize what they have until its broke down and cant start and for the dummy that wants to buy one and dont know is in for big trouble ...but you have to do your research big time ..so stay tune pictures will be posted soon on my car ...by the way i named it casper lol" [thumb] [burnout]

gra8fuldd

ooo000HITMAN000ooo said:
wtf the [Censored][Censored][Censored][Censored] is your [Censored][Censored][Censored][Censored]ing prob. Viper?????????[mad]
What the heck is YOUR problem. All's you need to do is READ Dwayne's post and you see that VIPER refers to the Following:

Dwayne Said and I quote -> "a viper pager alarm system installed with gps tracking"

READ and READ and READ ... I know it's hard BUT TRY to READ and retain it!!