X3 Color Matched Bumpers

The Aero kit IS out now and here in Canada it's a $6300 option. My dealer actually has a silver one in the showroom with the aero kit option. In my opinion, not worth it, although I do like it. I'm probably going to wait for a generic kit. Also you can't get headlamp washers or PDC on that bumper.

deniss

I am still trying to decide whether 4000USD is worth this package, or if I should just buy more options with that money... I am thinking about taking European delivery and getting more options on the car or something.

deniss said:
I am still trying to decide whether 4000USD is worth this package, or if I should just buy more options with that money... I am thinking about taking European delivery and getting more options on the car or something.
Personally, I don't think the aero kit should cost so much, so I'd say go spend the money on other options. Just wait for a generic copy to come out which will probably cost 1/3 of the price. Here are some pics of the aero kit anyways:

deniss

thanks very much for the pics! i haven't seen many pics of the aero package. i don't like it in grey. i like it in the midnight blue or whatever it's called.

but the bottom line is, the car isn't ugly without the aero kit, and I agree that it should cost about half the price at the most. maybe BMW is trying to make up for the lower price of the X3 by this kind of means. think of all the options you can buy for 4000USD on this car :) that's premium package and all the other bells and whistles...

That's actually titanium silver. However, my local dealer has an X3 in the showroom in the midnight blue you're talking about. I'll see if I can get some pics.

Haha I still like the silver grey :)

Here's some pics of my X3 is silver grey.

Deniss, do you have pictures of your X3?

Last edited:

deniss

I have the imaginary X3 in my mind :) No, I haven't bought the X3 yet. I'm still shopping and gathering info. But from the looks of it, I'll buy it. Just a matter of time.

By the way, I've been to the dealer and took a test-drive. Loved it all around. Not a single complaint. Loved the exterior look, loved the inside, loved the drive. I'd say this car is worth the money! (Aero kit is another matter).

deniss

I wouldn't be surprised... I am thinking of doing the euro delivery, and my dealer is saying I should put the order in at least 2.5 months prior to the date of pick-up....

The car is real good - worth the wait.