Worth Fixing?

87 E30

Found this 1987 325, as you can see its got some rear body damage. The shop owner picked it up to build a race car but has no time for the project. I enjoyed my 84 318 but got rid of it because of the "ex" wife, and have been wanting another BMW. I think this car may have some potential but would apprieciate a little more input, from all you Proud BMW owners.
Asking price - $475.00
What would it take to fix this damage and would it be worth the time and effort.

Thank you.....

Needanewbeemer[driving]

Attachments

junglestylz

1000 Post Club
By the looks of it I would think that the rear susp could have taken a hit and trhe exhaust probably isn't in that good of condition. Be very, very wary.

Tom

Staff Team
epj3 said:
is it just the body? or is the frame bent or is any part of the suspension messed up?
Body damage, rust damage, frame damage, new bumper, and like Seth stated there could be suspension damage. Just not worth the trouble IMO.

epj3

Tom said:
Body damage, rust damage, frame damage, new bumper, and like Seth stated there could be suspension damage. Just not worth the trouble IMO.
Yea unless it is a few scratches or dings, it will be a very expensive repair.

87 E30

Thanks

Guess I'll keep looking! Still wanting to be a member of the ever increasing world of the BMW driver.
Just FYI for all that replied: The body is straight, exhaust is ok, suspension is ok... I totally agree on the rust issues, but this is PA, dont know if I have much choice on the matter.[confused].

Thanks again...

Stilllooking

not being a bodyman, it looks like that car needs a quarter panel replaced at the least...... lets fidure it out now.... $475.00 for the car..... figure a boneyard quarter panel at about $150.00..... figure paying a backyard bodyman at least $750.00 to cut and weld it on.... figure another $250 to have it painted to match.... that comes out to about $1,620.00 if i added right.... for a car that is worth around $1,200.00 unless it has a bunch of neat stuff that comes with it...... you might want to check out some auctions in your area... i've picked up some nice 3 series cars for under $300.00..... check with the impound yards to see how they dispose of unclaimed cars..... they auction them off here and they go cheap.... john
i picked up this 733 for $40.00 at an impound auction..... i gambled that it would run and it ran great till i sold it

Attachments

40 bucks for a 733 [ohcrap]. Were you the only one interested in it? For 40 bucks that is one sweet car, did you buy it just to sell it or did you use it as a daily driver?