Upgrading audio for under $800?

achen said:
BMW-M-Freak,

AOL is the only IM software that I don't have an ID, I have Yahoo, MSN and ICQ, if you happen to have any of them, please let me know so we can talk there. :)

Thank you very much for the reply, as you can see, I have changed my topic from $800 budget to $1000. It looks like you get a good deal in purchasing those parts ! I do have couple questions for you:

(1) In opposite to your upgrade, the head unit is the last thing I want to change, because I have done a little bit research an dppl say the Alpine CD performs actually surprisingly good.

(2) How many channels does your MRD-M300 support? How many channels does a normal user need ?

I'm really not audio nut, I just can't accept the sound quality of the stock system, can you please give me your opinion about the upgrade Phase I at this link?

http://www.adst.com/pdfs/bmwe46.pdf

Comparing to yours, it enphasizes in amp and speaker, and I wish to know what you think about that. :)
Aight- as far as the link goes, mine is none of the above. the MRD-M300 is a mono sub amp. All of my regular car speakers are wired up to the Head Unit (the V-drive 60x4 amp inside is enough). I don't know many people who use a seperate amp just for their regular speakers. Anyone who does is a serious audio nut and is spending serious $$$ for their system (1.5 plus)

Considering i've got my speakers hooked up into the amp in my head unit, I only needed a mono amp for my sub. It's capable of around 300 watts into a 2 ohm load. If I were you, I'd just stick with one good sub, as two takes up a lot of trunk space. Make sure you get a sub that is designed to make a two ohm load, or a 4 ohm with Dual Voice Coils so you can wire it in parrallel and get the same effect to get the most power from your amp. If you get a normal 4 ohm sub and wire it right up, you'll only get 150 watts. Hence V=I x R

I'll probably put trillian on my computer sometime this weekend, so i can talk to you later about it. I took off the windows messenger b/c it's gay...

And another thing, you said you were going to upgrade the HU last. If you do decide to get a multi channel amp and speakers before you do a new head unit, make sure you get one that accepts speaker level inputs. I seriosuly doubt that your stock HU has a pair of RCA jacks to plug into the amp.