To all the Germans

Ben

im not german but i was there and you already know that. maybe you should post that somewhere where people are more likely to see it...... i know there are more germans here

this is the regional forum especially for europe. topic wise, it is the place to post it. for the readings...you are right. but more or less it was meant as a funny post and to get soem people here.

i only have 5 months left, and my stay in the US is over...heading home baby!

epj3

Wadula said:
this is the regional forum especially for europe. topic wise, it is the place to post it. for the readings...you are right. but more or less it was meant as a funny post and to get soem people here.

i only have 5 months left, and my stay in the US is over...heading home baby!
noo i'm going to come down there and we can have a barbecue and sing [rofl]

Ben

WITH, but only with german beer. im headin down that way sometime soon to visit my 2 friends from germany, ones somewhere in TX and the others in Arkansas. maybe ill find you there.
ben

ben, at the moment i live in houston, but in germany my hometown is duesseldorf. my last living place was and willbe again a city named paderborn. that is right in the middle of germany. closest bigger city is bielefeld of hannover.

ben, when will you be in germany next time?

Ben

i thought you lived in Duessledorf, (the license plate on your car) i was there a few monthes ago visiting my friend. im goin to munich hopefully sometime in the next year, maybe next summer, but its only about 7 hours to Duesseldorf by train so maybe ill stop by.
ben

i live a hunders miles from duesseldorf since 5 years now. i still have th duesseldorf plate as the car is still filed there. i will return there in the future. it is my city. my home. i wanted to keep at least the plates. just get in touch when you go there and i'll be around.

how did you like it there? what have you seen?

Ben

i was only in duesseldorf for a few days but we walked around the city a bit and went to a big fire works show on the river, and got wasted. we also went to essen, and saw a play there, but that was pretty much it.
ben

epj3

Wadula said:
ahhh....home sweet home....[:D] [^] i feel like posting pics of my city now [rofl]
Do it, I think it's cool we have people from other countries here (...canada doesnt count becuase they are alot like us [:)]) Looks like a beauitful city like most german cities.(...especially compared to the closes nearby city to me -- philadelphia *barf*[xx(])

thanks for the warm words friends.

actually duesseldorf really is nice. we have the big advantage, or call it luck if you wish, that it did not became a gib industrial city as so many that sorround us. after WWI the Ruhrgebiet developped more and more to THE main industrie area in germany. Cities like Dortmund, Essen, Bochum and Duisburg are maximum 40 miles away. They are the heart of this region where one city has fluid borders with the other, so packed it is. And huge steel and coal mining industries settled there. Those cities have a very unique charactere. They are grey and boxy, not beautiful at all. But the people are very doen to earth and siomple. simple not in a bad way or downsizing, but simple of character. if they don't like you, you'll know it. straight, honest and proud.
Duesseldorf is more a financial and fashion city. In duesseldorf we have europes biggest boating fair and germanys biggest fashion collection premier. Also Duesseldorf has a after Frankfurt the second biggest stock exchange in germany. Furthermore we are the capital of North-Rhine-Westfalia, which corresponds to a state like Texas or Cali, only smaller of course [hihi].

I love my town...

as fasr as being a legal allien on this board i enjoyed it right from the start and found some real help here. don't want to miss this place.

ihr vergesst einen 1/2 deutschen hier [;)] just now found this thread...well i'm half german and half american [^] and will be in houston in just about 2 weeks [driving] [wave]

just got my computer back running (w32.blast....)

ich hoffe das tim das bier schon kalt gestellt hat?![hihi] sonst [B)] *fg*

greetz stormy