Throw me a Phatty Beat

lay me down a phatty beat...

howdy[wave]

anyone know of a good online manual or walkthrough of installing a new reciever from the factory tape deck (embarrasing) [fake] to a new one?

i drive a 97' 328i. and i have a blaupunkt mp3/cd reciever that i used in my previous vehicle. i already called crutchfield and purchased the wiring harness, the antenna adapter and a power reducer.. now i just need some guidance.. [;)]

thanks!
[burnout]

Last edited:

carcus

1000 Post Club
With the color coded harnass adapter....should be a easy install....unless you have the HK upgrade. Just get some crimp connectors. My Kenwood MP3 Z828 was an easy install. Wish I would have taken some pics to help out when it was installed though. Now....the speaker upgrade to Infinity Kappa or MB Quart will be a different story I have to tackle.[;)]

well, a guy i work with is an electrical guru and he installed the head into my last auto flawlessly. however this is a different story now that we are working with a bmw. i need to see if i can get some numbers on what the factory amp is pushing in the car now and if i even need to use the 'power reducer' that i bought and have no idea where im going to place it. im just ready to get something in there other than the tape deck. the speakers i will deal with later. [}:)]

thanks manuel. i actually already bought the harness, antenna adapter and the power reducer... i just would like to know if there is any documentation out there about replacing the unit. kind of like a back up refrence so to speak. thanks though.

[:D]