The New 5-series

Zimman1

I have been looking around the internet and couldn't find an answer, but does anyone know a specific date as to when the new 5-series comes out in the U.S.? Thanks.

liferules

BMW 5 Series

I just received some literature from BMW on the 5 Series today that said they wouldn't be in show rooms here in Dallas until November! (Some say the 530 will be released in late Sept and the 525 in late Oct/Nov).

I'd really like to see one in person.

BAM[?|]

Re: BMW 5 Series

liferules said:
I just received some literature from BMW on the 5 Series today that said they wouldn't be in show rooms here in Dallas until November! (Some say the 530 will be released in late Sept and the 525 in late Oct/Nov).

I'd really like to see one in person.

BAM[?|]
Go down to your local Honda or Pontiac dealer....should be plenty to look at.

epj3

Re: Re: Re: BMW 5 Series

Bryan330i said:
[rofl]

[hah] Pontiac

[hah] Honda
what is wrong with honda?? They seem to be some of the most reliable and affordable cars around. I know they do not appeal to most of the people here, me included, but there is nothing wrong with honda.

Come on, if you go on a bimmer site and start recommending another car, of course they will laugh at you. Same thing happens when you go to the Japanese car sites.........they rail on the bimmer folks. Nothing wrong with any car. Except for the pontiac. Ha! It's just in fun! No harm intended. I own a 530 and a honda accord. I love both and I look forward to seeing the new five soon. They say it will hit Charlotte in Oct. Later Playa.

Re: Re: Re: Re: BMW 5 Series

epj3 said:
what is wrong with honda?? They seem to be some of the most reliable and affordable cars around. I know they do not appeal to most of the people here, me included, but there is nothing wrong with honda.

There is nothing wrong with Honda, I just don’t think they are comparable to BMW. Of course, who is going to be able to tell a difference anymore? As far as appearance, most cars seem to going for the same style, in my opinion, which is unfortunate. I am not sure what Audi has in store, I hope they resist the Accord, Saturn, Nissan Maxima, BMW look alike contest. Well... you what I mean.

I agree with epj3, there is nothing wrong with Honda. I own a BMW, however I also two Honda's as well. The Honda's are very affordable and reliable. The Honda SUV (built by Mitsubishi) is a true 4x4 and very good in the snow for when I go snowboarding. I didn't have to go and spend 50k for it. The prelude I have is very very very reliable 178k and still running as good as the day I bought it. True, BMW is more prestigious and fun to drive, but to say that all cars non-BMW, MB, Audi, etc... are not any good is just not true. Granted I would love to have all BMW's in my garage, but I just don't have that kind of money. Once you buy a house, a BMW, and have two kids there’s just not as much funds to go out and supply yourself with that kind of a non-Japanese fleet. That's just IMO [:)].

///M SPEED said:
I agree with epj3, there is nothing wrong with Honda. I own a BMW, however I also two Honda's as well. The Honda's are very affordable and reliable. The Honda SUV (built by Mitsubishi) is a true 4x4 and very good in the snow for when I go snowboarding. I didn't have to go and spend 50k for it. The prelude I have is very very very reliable 178k and still running as good as the day I bought it. True, BMW is more prestigious and fun to drive, but to say that all cars non-BMW, MB, Audi, etc... are not any good is just not true. Granted I would love to have all BMW's in my garage, but I just don't have that kind of money. Once you buy a house, a BMW, and have two kids there’s just not as much funds to go out and supply yourself with that kind of a non-Japanese fleet. That's just IMO [:)].
I have also owned Honda's in the past, and currently have a Honda motorcycle. I had a 1984 Accord and sold it with 126,000 miles on it. In my opinion, it was a more solid car with a more substantial feel that those built today, less of a plastic feel inside I think.

///M SPEED said:
Built by Mitsubishi? If its a Passport its built by Isuzu. If it's a Pilot or a CRV is built by Honda.
Of course they are all related these days it seems.

mytan85_325e said:
Built by Mitsubishi? If its a Passport its built by Isuzu. If it's a Pilot or a CRV is built by Honda.
Of course they are all related these days it seems.
I stand corrected. mytan85_325e, your right and that is what I meant to say. I was typing fast while thinking about my brother-in-laws new (used) Eclipse spyder. Hehe, the Passport is (was) built by Isuzu. Not a bad SUV, but like most others it is a gas pig.

junglestylz

1000 Post Club
It is a completely unfair comparison. Maybe a BMW could be compared to a S2000, but all the other Hondas are mainly economy cars. That is l;ike comparing a Jag to a Ford.

junglestylz said:
It is a completely unfair comparison. Maybe a BMW could be compared to a S2000, but all the other Hondas are mainly economy cars. That is l;ike comparing a Jag to a Ford.
The thread was not comparing BMW to Honda. The post was stating that Honda's are not crap (see Bryan330i smiley laughing at Honda) the way Bryan330i's post made it look. You will see that epj3 and I are just stating that Honda's my not be as appealing to most here, but they are not crap either. Show me where the comparison is made here? [;)]

My response was to a statement indicating that to see a new BMW, you would need to go to your Pontiac or Honda dealership. I think it is safe to say that they are not similar cars (like Dodge Stratus and Ford Tarus), and in my opion, they differ greatly. I completely understand why mytan85_325e would state to go to your Pontiac or Honda dealer. There are many good cars, I am sure most produced today are very good. However, I stand by my opinon that Honda and Pontiac are inferior to BMW.

Last edited:
I do not judge people for what they drive, only sometimes for what the do to what they drive. I should have been more clear in my statement.

[hah] Pontiac=BMW

[hah] Honda=BMW

From the viewpoint that they are taking on a similar appearace.

Bryan330i said:
My response was to a statement indicating that to see a new BMW, you would need to go to your Pontiac or Honda dealership. I think it is safe to say that they are not similar cars (like Dodge Stratus and Ford Tarus), and in my opion, they differ greatly. I completely understand why mytan85_325e would state to go to your Pontiac or Honda dealer. There are many good cars, I am sure most produced today are very good. However, I stand by my opinon that Honda and Pontiac are inferior to BMW.

The reason I stated to go visit a Honda or Pontiac dealer is because if you look at the front of the New 5 series it looks like a new Grand Prix, and if you look at the rear is looks alot like a new Honda Accord. I was not stating that Honda's and Pontiac's are bad. I have owned both makes before and when did I liked them alot. Both were good cars and proved to be reliable. But they are no BMW by any means.

mytan85_325e said:
The reason I stated to go visit a Honda or Pontiac dealer is because if you look at the front of the New 5 series it looks like a new Grand Prix, and if you look at the rear is looks alot like a new Honda Accord. I was not stating that Honda's and Pontiac's are bad. I have owned both makes before and when did I liked them alot. Both were good cars and proved to be reliable. But they are no BMW by any means.
I was thinking the same thing as you. Others took this as a slam to the Pontiac and Honda. I take the resonsibility for not being more clear in my statements.