Super Super Super Confused

Ive installed a fair amount of new HUs in cars but I have never been so increadibly confused until today. I was ripping my 87 325i HU out so I got it all out, i have the premium sound btw, and I popped the fader out and cut the wires. I took the 4 + wires for the speakers from it and hooked them directly to my HU. Then I ran a +12 to the remote for the factory amp, a constant 12 for my HU and then the ignition/switching for my HU. But I can't get Spound to even flicker. All my ground for the speakers are wired together on the HU, wtf are they for the speakers???? What is going on, damn crazy germans

ok i got it going, to bypass the stock amp though what do i do? just wire the plug that goes to the amp to bypass it? IE the wires from the hu to amp to the wire from the amp to the speakers?

OHHHHH man...... bad news for you my son . I rewired my entire stereo myself b/c of that. I really have no Idea to this day how the stock system is wired. My best assumption is that there are four positive leads going from the sock HU to the stock amp. the stock amp then sends four positive leads to the speakers. EVERYTHING grounds itself to the frame...... don't ask me how or why, but that's what i figured as i began to take everything apart and rewire the vheicle from scratch. if you want to find out what everything does and where it goes- be my guest. I just figured i'd stop spending time trying to figure that stuff out and redo it all.