studs-tire variety

Always used studded snows on rear of my rwd cars-thinking of going all 4 corners on my 318I-waste of time? Looking for some ultimate safety I guess.
I always bit@%*h about the handling of snows but feel better with them on the back. I think the lack of handling is worth it-but what about all 4 tires?
-Mel

Thanks-just looking for some reassurance I guess. Better safe than sorry? First time w/ ABS-good call!
You changed your pic!
Thanks again, Mel

Big Daddy

Yea it is the Halloween thing! When I attended a skid car class they told us if you have ABS and use studded tires, always put them on all four corners. Makes sense, or you could wind up facing the other direction!

Don't you just hate facing the wrong direction?!!
If I lived in King County and saw that pic the pistol would be under pillow, not in closet!!
-M
I think of all the characters on the "new" star trek- I would have chosen the very sexiest! But that's just me.
Thanks for all your help -even from the begining!

Thanks again-looking at car: Those CAN"T be stock tires! Good in rain? I'm on the wrong page, One minute talking about studded snows, next wondering about a good tire for next year that's good in rain! ( hydroplane just once.....)
Winter first, I'll deal with next year- well, er..I guess next year.
-M

Big Daddy

No they are not stock. That is a photo when I had the Kuhmos on. They are 255/45X17's. They are a very reasonable tire and very good on a wet surface. I prefer my old Toyo Proxes though!