Should I get the extended warranty?

abct

My 325i is about to hit the 50,000 mark soon and I was looking into possibly getting an extended warranty on it. The dealership offers a warranty or a maintanace warranty. I originally talked to a service guy there and he told me the maintance warranty would cost around $1300 for another 50,000 miles.

Today I call back and get another guy there who tells me the price is now $1899 for the maintance warranty, which basically covers just oil , brake pads, things of that nature. I suspect this guy is purposely overinflating the price to meet his own sales quota.

So the question is this: should I get any type of extended warranty at all?

Big Daddy

An extended warranty is usually more expensive to get later than sooner, that is the reason for the difference in the quote. There is wiggle room in the price of them, however those two quotes are generally correct. I personally have never purchased an extended warranty because I do my own maintenance and it would never pay for itself unless I had to replace an engine or transmission.

I think they are both worth it; the maintenance pays for itself as the brakes, inspections, etc. are well worth that money. Unless you are a do it yourself kind of guy I would get both. On my 3 and on my current 7, they both paid for themselves.

Just my opinion....