Sepang

Qualifying last night Jordan looked so so bad. I only watch the first few runs, but Menardi looked good. but i only saw like 15 minutes of qualifying, and missed the bigdawgs

fell asleep during race, but first 17 laps obviously ferrari was looking good, and renault was looking real aggressive, Alonso was tearing it up first lap. don't know what happened though for the rest of the race.

Interesting race. I was so pumped to see Webber get on the front row (I tell you, he'll be at Williams next year). But to see his car fail at the start, then get a puncture and a stop-go penalty...what a heartbreaking race for him.

Wrapped that Montoya came second. Barichello blocked him from chasing Schumy on the last 10 laps, but 2nd place is better than being in the gravel.

Ferrari look so dominant, but in two races, Michael has had open road in front of him. I think if Montoya/Alonso/Button (who seem to be the main contenders) can get close enough to challenge, then the season will get more interesting.

the race was yet another "blow" to mclaren's chances this year.... dismal, absolutely grim!

on another note, the first 7-10 laps were still quite interesting in the race, after that it pretty much did end up a procession. it was interesting to see the tire characteristics during the race where montoya was able to claw up heaploads of time on his fresh michelins but would fade into the distance afterwards, i guess that was a culminationg of his being over-aggressive and the michelin midlaps dropoff...

was shattered to see webber have so much trouble during the race and ending up with a DNF, same with kimi's retirement. was good to see that the two guys right at the back of the grid (alonso and sato) managed to make up enough places to end in 7th and 8th.

next race in bahrain is going to be interesting, new circuit, even hotter temperatures, should be great fun!

It's weird how badly the McLaren's are doing. I wonder if Montoya is thinking to himself that moving to McLaren is a bad move...or at least a mistimed moved? As long as he makes way for Webber, I'm happy. Did you hear what Webber said when they interviewed him in the pits after he spun? He said "Ralf was pi$$ed off that I passed him, so he ran into the back of me". He was pretty heated about it, I'll be surprised if he doesn't get a slap on the wrist for that. The interviewer just went quiet when he said it. Must be hard though, you train and prepare for weeks and invest millions of dollars and thousands of hours, then some gump rams you and blows your tyre...they're more controlled than I'd be!

You're right about Bahrain, hotter still, and a brand new track. That means that the teams won't have anywhere near the historical track data available. It should make it very interesting.

ive never really rated ralf for anything and i was also P.O'd at what happened, i mean had the incident not happened, he wouldnt have had to go into the pit for the tyre change and at the same time, he wouldnt have been given the 10 second drive thru either. ralf is quite pathetic and i hope williams dont keep him for 2005, lets hope they dont.

mclaren are developing a B spec of their car, which will be ready for the mid europe season, rumour has it that its being changed to such a degree that it will need to pass a new crash test. lets hope that it is a step forward as mclaren's only decent driver never manages to finish the race. another rumour has it that Dr. Werner Laurenz (former BMW engine development manager but currently MB motorsports head) has been fired from McLaren as he had different opinions on how to get power from engines than Mario Illien (The guy who heads Illmor engines, company that supplies MB with their F1 engines). If thats true then something seriously shaky is happening with the top brass at the companies.

also, michelin is not taking any of the blame for the general competitive gain from bridgestone, but instead are pointing the finger at BAR, McLaren, Renault and Williams...

so much drama going on when all they really need to do is buckle down and get on with it...

Ralf's contract is up for negotiation in April and he has recently been having heated arguments with Frank Williams (team boss) about his salary. He said that at the end of last season he made a handshake deal about his contract, and now Williams have backed out on him. He said he would cut his salary in half to stay and that if Williams lost both drivers in one season, it would unsettle the team too much.

Rumours are that Indy champ Scott Dixon could replace Ralf. In the post race conference after Sepang, the press were grilling Montoya on what he thought of Dixon. Apparently Dixon will do a test drive for Williams next month. Other rumours are that Renault might get rid of Trulli to make way for Ralf. I agree with you, I just wish they'd get it sorted and get on with the season. I like the way the Montoya thing has been handled. He signed a new contract, stated that he would race his guts out for Williams this year, and is getting on with the job!

... and doing a much better job than ralf too! lol, i hope he hasnt made a mistake though, i really hope that mclaren can pull up their socks and come out with a decent car to challenge for 2005...