Problem With New 330i Paint

Thank you in advance for any input you can give. I just purchase a new 330i with performance package in Imola Red. I purchase the car over the Internet and it was shipped to my home. When I washed the car for the first time, I noticed a paste-like film that I cannot seem to remove. A detail shop told me that the dealership should have done a better job preparing the vehicle for delivery as the vehicle is shipped with a protective film. Does anyone know how I can remove this film? What can I use? I am now very concerned with the finish.

Miz

The same thing happened to me.......it is the film that they put on the car for the shipping. The dealer ship will send it out and have it buffed.....but make sure they do it right the first time.....cuz I had to go back twice before it was all off. It sucks but happens to a couple cars every once in a while.
Miz.

Glad the dealer fixed things for you. Serves em right for not having prepped it properly.

I finally washed my car and noticed the paint doesn't seem that smooth. Maybe it's cuz I didn't wax it, but it definitely isn't like those pictures you see of mirror finishes. It's got texture to it. Like a giant golf ball sorta. Least it feels smooth. Hope it's normal. I should grab one of my neighbors' cars and see if their paint looks the same.

I know what you are talking about with the texture. I was thinking that for the price, the finish is sure not what I expected. I had a Ford Ranger for a while (2 year lease) I never waxed it, only washed it after it was impossible to tell what color it was under the dirt, and when I turned the truck in after the lease the paint was still like glass.