Jaguar stock radar detector??

Today my friend told me that all Jaguars come stock with police radar detectors. He says that since they're stock the cops can't do anything about them, which is the reason why I find it interesting. I told him he's full of shit but he said his friends' dad owns a Jaguar dealership and it's true...?

He's full of crap. My uncle owns a new Jaguar X-type, and I'm almost certain that it doesn't have a built in radar detector. Legally, they wouldn't be able to sell their cars in states that have laws against radar detectors.

The dealership I got my car from (in atlanta) puts radar detectors in every car they sell. They just plug right in. I'm not sure about other countries or even other states, but in Georgia radar detectors are legal, you just can't have a radar jammer.

Dealerships (including BMW dealerships) can install K40 radar detectors, assuming they are authorized re-sellers or whatever. They will sell and install the K40 radar into the car. I know some Lexus dealerships can even install TV's in the headrests for you.