"In the negotiations process..."

[?|] I'm looking at purchasing an '04 330ci Gray/Premium & Sport Packages/Leather int.
Xenon lights/18" Double Spoke wheels... $MSRP 42,770

My dealer says he can only discount $500 off the sticker and I'd also have to pay for the
floor mats.

For those of you out there that have recently negotiated a new BMW 330ci, does this
sound reasonable??? [confused]

If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated...

Feel free to E-mail or Private Message...

As a famous cartoon character once stated... "I don't want to get 'horn-swoggled'
on this one." (The late Foghorn-Leghorn.)

Photos (hopefully) to follow.[driving]

Paddylv

Last edited:
Yup - that sounds about right - maybe slightly low, but not out of the norm. I bought mine through the European Delivery program, which is 7% discount, but you must travel to Germany to pick up your car. If you like to travel, it's a great experience and you save money on the car, but you will spend it on the trip. That's part of BMW's logic behing the program.

I did discuss (not negotiate) drive it off the lot prices and I was told 'a little under $1000 off' for a $46,000 330cic. From what I have read on here previously, it varies by region and demand. I'm sure others will post their experiences.

Thankx 4 the response...

[wave]

Kirby...

I feel a lot better having heard from you. At least It sounds like my sales associate
at BMW isn't trying to take advantage...

In March I picked-up a 325i (loaded) and planted
22K down to keep the payments around $319/mo. for the wife.

I was looking at the ('03) 'Vettes but I'm really impressed w/the way the BMW's handle...

If you get the chance could you fill me in on the European Delivery...

Thanks again...

Paddy

I noticed that you live in "Sin City" as well. My best advice would be to STAY AWAY FROM !!!! I just got my car from BMW Riverside and I did not get @#%&ed like Desert was trying to do. I will email you more details.

Last edited:
Bryan330i said:
I noticed that you live in "Sin City" as well. My best advice would be to STAY AWAY FROM DESERT BMW!!!! I just got my car from BMW Riverside and I did not get @#%&ed like Desert was trying to do. I will email you more details.
Hey Bryan...

Please send me that E-mail...

I'm dealin' w/Desert BMW of Henderson. I haven't had a problem with them [yet.][pray]

Paddy...

paddyLV said:
Hey Bryan...

Please send me that E-mail...

I'm dealin' w/Desert BMW of Henderson. I haven't had a problem with them [yet.][pray]

Paddy...

I am glad they are deqaling fair with you. I feel like an idiot but I cant find a way to email you, I keep getting an error "user does not wish to receive message....." You can email me your email address and I will send you the information. "abryan7@aol.com"

Re: Thankx 4 the response...

paddyLV said:
[wave]

If you get the chance could you fill me in on the European Delivery...

Paddy
Euro Delivery gets a 7% discount off of list on the base MSRP only. All options are at full price. The program is for cars manufactured in Germany - 3, 5 and 7 series. The X and Z are made in the US and are not available under the program. You order the car at your local dealer at least 2 months in advance and specify when you want to pickup the car in Munich. The car is built to American specs, identical to those on the dealer's lot. You cannot order any European specific options. The cost of the car includes shipping to the US, the same as when you pay for shipping when you buy a car off the lot. You will need to provide your passport and pay for the car at least 30 days in advance. The program also includes European automobile insurance and 30 day tourist registration fees and plates.

You are responsible for making your own travel plans, but you can also work with a BMW associated travel agent who can set up the trip for you ($$$$$$). Since I had traveled to Germany previously, I knew what I wanted to do and planned the entire trip myself via the Internet. It is a lot to do (air travel, hotels, itinerary, etc.) but since you have the freedom of using your own car, you can go anywhere you want.

On a $40,000 car you save about $2800. Depending on how many people travel (we made it a family trip - wife and 2 teens) and how long you stay, it can cost more that the $2800 you save. But if you like to travel and want to tour Europe, the money you save and the fact that you don't have to pay for a rental car makes it worthwhile.

I have heard of some people traveling solo, getting a $400 ticket, and picking up and dropping off the car in one day, as a way to save $2500 (or more if you buy a 7 series!). Take a look at BMWUSA.COM for the Euro Delivery program info.

If you decide to go with a Euro delivery, let me know. I can give you a lot more tips from experience.

robin125

negociated a new 04 BMW 330ci

Well,, I've recently negociated 04 BMW 330ci w/Premium PKG, Sport PKG, 18wheels, Xenon Headlights, Black sap(metalic colors) for $41,045(including destinaion charges).
The Invoice price for that was $39,045 and they added $2000 over the Invoice.
But, I've heard there will be SMG, M PKG, so I had to wait until Oct to get that car, with M PKG
It would be around $44,000. [thumb]

Re: negociated a new 04 BMW 330ci

robin125 said:
Well,, I've recently negociated 04 BMW 330ci w/Premium PKG, Sport PKG, 18wheels, Xenon Headlights, Black sap(metalic colors) for $41,045(including destinaion charges).
The Invoice price for that was $39,045 and they added $2000 over the Invoice.
But, I've heard there will be SMG, M PKG, so I had to wait until Oct to get that car, with M PKG
It would be around $44,000. [thumb]
[wave]

Thanks for the info, Robin...

Who was your dealership in the Hollywood area???

I'm goin' to lay the $41,045 on my sales associate in the a.m., and if he doesn't go 4 it,
I'm goin' 2 be headin' down the pike...

Plan-B. Gettin' w/Kirby on the Euro. Delivery...[:D]

"Paddy"

flashinthepan

PaddyLV,

I was told $500 is a typical discount from MSRP, but after shopping I found a deal across town for $1500 off MSRP - so I placed the order, there were no 04 convertibles available in stock at the time anyways.

Shop around - sometimes it pays, in the scope of things though the discount is fairly small in relation to the overall price. I said I would go up to 50 miles and take the best.

Good luck

NinjaJ9

4% over invoice?

I've been shopping around the (California) Bay Area for an X5. So**en BMW in San Rafael quoted me 4% over INVOICE for an X5. I've been lagging on visiting some of the other dealers so I can't say for sure if that is a good price or not, but was really surprised a sales mgr would just quote me over email like that. At least it gives me a basis for comp shopping later.

I've basically gone through every single type of discount website I can think of - autobytel, carsdirect, yahoo, costco, etc.

Hope to be [driving] one soon!

It does pay to shop around. Here in Las Vegas there are 2 dealerships both owned by Autonation. The Autonation ownership says it all, I have analyzed this company earlier this year and despite very poor performance, EPS, declining margins, declining sales, they still show now apaerent interest in selling cars.

There are many good dealers around offering good, fair deals-no point is getting taken. Have had very good luck with carsdirect.com. I only lease for no more than 2 years so the price savings can make a real difference in lease payment.

Just a word of caution on the price quotes (email or phone) from dealers. A few years ago I worked for a software company that had a product for car dealers, so I saw a lot of really bad practices. Often a salesperson or manager will quote a very attractive price over the phone or email, but when you show up, the car they quoted the price to you on has "just been sold, but we have another just like it for only a little more..." Certain dealers, I won't name any, have a training program that emphasizes getting customers to come in. Often this is interpretted as "tell them anything you have to, to get them to come in."

If you don't already have dealer cost information (don't trust what the dealer says is cost) you can check www.edmunds.com for info. This site inlcudes info on holdback, factory to dealer, and factory to customer cash (doubt there would be any factory cash on BMW's).

I learned a lot about the car business, but could only do it for about 5 years (tough business). If you want some negotiating tips I'll be happy to post them. Obviously you can't buy a car below dealer cost, but it is surprising what you can get if they want to give it to you.

junglestylz

1000 Post Club
Bryan330i said:
Hey...another Las Vegan...how you doing!!!

Great, and you¿ Damn that was some rain! I have heard a bunch of bad stuff about Desert as well. I needed to get a motor mount for my car and they said that it was special order, and that would be a ten dollar add on the price! The damn things only cost $18. Do you guys know anybody from the Sin City Chap. CCA¿
[:)]

junglestylz said:
Great, and you¿ Damn that was some rain! I have heard a bunch of bad stuff about Desert as well. I needed to get a motor mount for my car and they said that it was special order, and that would be a ten dollar add on the price! The damn things only cost $18. Do you guys know anybody from the Sin City Chap. CCA¿
[:)]
Were you in a flood area? I missed it but many said it was the worst flood they can remember. I do not like Desert and wish I did know someone else. I did send a long letter to several Autonation board members and I think they are concerned about what is going on in Vegas so hopefully new management is in order for Desert. It looks like Autonation is having some trouble meeting expectations so I think they are serious about turning the company around. I say start with Vegas!!!

rjp325i

Desert has the local market to themselves. When I lived in Smithtown, Long Island, NY I had 6 BMW dealers within a 45 min drive. No one sold at sticker and most are advertised at $1500 - $2500 below sticker. If you have been a BMW CCA member for a year you can get an additional $500 rebate from BMW NA no matter where you buy. This is for new 3s and CPO cars. 5s and up have larger rebates for members (up to $1500). Up until recently Desert would not sell anything below sticker and they usually add on some dealer installed nonsense at ridiculous prices. The only sales guy who knows anything about BMW workings at Desert of Henderson is Lenny. He at least drives one and doubles as the motorsport guy. Some of their salespeople drive old American iron and no nothing of BMW essentials and why people like us buy BMWs. Desert of Las Vegas is reputed to be even worse when it comes to service.

So many people are no longer buying from Desert that you think they would get their act together. My neighbor just got a 330 from Irvine and another neighbor just got a 745 from Shelly, my accountant friend purchased a 530 from Riverside last year and all of these people live in Las Vegas. I was fine with Desert untill paperwork time then what a joke. I am at 2.67% and my payment is something like $80.00 month less than at Desert. The amazing thing is the financial condition of Autonation, they are looking at the possibility of selling off dealerships to cut losses. Yet EVERONE I know has gone to California to buy BMW's because Desert is such a joke. My thinking is why not make $3000-4000 and at least sell a car, no Desert wants to soak people 8-14% at financing plus, plus, plus. The only thing I can say is there must be enough suckers in Las Vegas willing to get screwed, after all, look at the Towbin chopper crap, our receptionist at work paid $9,000.00 at 18% interest for a Dodge Neon that was 6 years old with 75,000 miles on it, but it was a chopper edition. Amazing!!![???1] [???1]