i think i can take this guy! muhahaha!... or not.

howdy friends,[wave]

i was wondering. i've read from the forums before that the 328i has somewhat of a rivalry vs. the infinity (infiniti?) g35. this GS-13 at work (Civil Service honcho) drives my arch-nemesis [mad] and i wanted to know the low-down on this matchup. any opinions? i wanna have the facts straight before i start taunting him. today i drove up beside him on the way home from work and he hadn't seen me driving before.

now he knows what i drive, and now the bait it set. [hatchet]
so on monday or whenever the next time i see him, i know he's going to mention something about my BMW, not condescending or anything, but i wanna egg him on nevertheless.[}:)]

by the way, did i mention how much i totally love driving my car? every day im learning something new about its features and drivability, and every day im more impressed.

cheers. [thumb]

That G35 will do 0-60 in 6.1 seconds if it's an automatic. If it is a stick you better watch out. Of course the 35 has more HP.

With that being said, it also depends on how well the driver manages the cars stick shift, and how far you'll willing to take the car. I would be wouldn't taunt him too much, unless he's some total geek who can't handle his car.

260!? holy crapus!

man, maybe they were saying its competition for the 330ic...
okay, well, im still gonna talk smack tomorrow to represent my fellow BMW peeps. [;)]
that guy is an older gentleman. im more than half his age, but i think it would be funny to get him revved up about his car. i have to have the advantage in the turns though right? i mean, lets talk weight distribution here... ive been in his car, and it was nice, but i mean, its no bimmer. hmph.
i still say my car is the shiznit compared to his.. lol

the hp advantage will blow you out of your shoes. i would not want to try to race him.

as far as the turns are concerned, it is of almost no importance which one of both is better in handling. todays cars are all so good in average that the difference might not be really feelable. the only thing that you could consider having effect on the result of that race is the courage of you drivers. if you both are equal skilled and thrilled, the G35 could shoot you to another planet.

at least that is what i fear.

The speed comparisons are to the 330ci. The sedan is the competitor. The G35 coupe will eat you up......so don't try it

Off topic......Mr. Ellusive......have you bought your g35 yet. I visited the G35 site the other day to see what the comp. was saying. I saw your posts all over. Ha!!! Quit stalling, get rid of the Jetta and buy that fine machine. Like I said, not much difference between the 330ci and G35 sedan.....haven't driven the g35 coupe yet. I'm an old 30 y/o....I have to stick with the 5 series. [:D]

aqua

I think that your strategy should involve a great deal of smack-talking and glaring. I've seen how well posturing works on the Animal Planet. You could really shake him up before the race with an offhand comment about his mom or something. You could also act a little unbalanced in the days leading up to the race. We're counting on you.

Aqua

[rofl] lol Aqua

yeah, i do understand the art of 'smack talk'. if done properly, one has the ability to psyche out his or her opponent no matter the odds.
i dont think he's going to race me even if i increase the talk past my current (im poking fun at you even though your insainely high on the totem pole and im the lowest peon around here [the only tech in the building with a bimmer though [;)] ] and you could theoreticly squash my job if you wanted) level.
he takes this 'dad' persona, primarily because he's 50 and im 22. oh well, i think im gonna go taunt the guy that has a mustang gt and fake cobra rims. bwahahaha!
[hihi]