Holt sh!t!!!!!!

It depends if you are talking generation or transmission (grid). The grid is very old.. Power supply is an antiquated science, so basically there may be more safguards now, and the system may have been upgraded through the years, (with new ties added here and there) but its still the same basic principle. To give you an idea of how old. My friend has a high voltage line passing through his property that went down almost a year ago. He was told the towers were put up in 1912.

As for generation, a lot is nuclear which is obviously a "newer" technology and much more efficient. Fossil fuels aren't used much and there are a few hydro plants that generate a lot as well.

j2azz, as fasr as power generating is concerned i am a little knowing. i work in a company that produces seamless and welded steal tubes. one of the big industries we supply is boiler and heat exchangers for power generating plants. mostly HRSG as the traditional coal plants are to be renewed one by one now.

i called him a jerk cause he said the powerouttage was a good example that the power sources have to be changed. the outtage was caused by the grid and not the generating unit...that's why.

M3Aidan

epj3 said:
PP & L is pumpin the 'lectricity out like a mofo here in PA. wee electricity.

I loose electricity once every like 4 years (not couting storms -- which doesnt happen often either)
Nice to see someone on a forum from my "part a town". I'm from Mechanicsburg...

Oh, and we lose power quite often over here. Seems like every storm that passes thru!!