Going to take the plunge

Ok, after having this little 85 325e I have decided to take the plunge
and buy up. I have decided on a 96-01 7 series. I was going to buy a 05 Mustang Gt, ( already have an 03 Thunderbird). but decided I need 4 doors and plus they are awesome automobiles. Other then the Nakasil motors are there any other things I need to look for? Im looking at hopfully finding a lower mileage 97-99. I decided a used Bimmer is better than a New ford. The 325e is staying, man I love that little car!!![thumb]

You got a new Thunderbird, your so luckey. How mutch did you pay, I heard they were going for $20,000 over sticker making them $60,000! You can afford a nice new BMW for that price.

Sorry to hear about the Thunderbird purchase. I have a couple of friends that have them down here in Rainy Tampa annd they constsntly leak and they have been running rough since they got them. Good luck with yours. Hope you have better luck then these guys!!!
Oh and go for the BMW!!!!
[rofl]

bonzo said:
Sorry to hear about the Thunderbird purchase. I have a couple of friends that have them down here in Rainy Tampa annd they constsntly leak and they have been running rough since they got them. Good luck with yours. Hope you have better luck then these guys!!!
Oh and go for the BMW!!!!
[rofl]
Running rough? Yeah sounds like a Ford. I love my Stang but not the quality or Ford service. Good luck and get the bimmer!!!

Actually, the Thunderbird has been a great car. I love the Hardtop/convt. combo. The drivetrain is pretty much from the Lincoln LS(they are built at the same factory). I got it in July and have only a few hundred miles on it. So far so good. I got the car for about 7500 under Msrp, so about 1000 under dealer cost. Total cost was about $34,300. there where only 1700 made of my particular color/option combo. Total T-Bird production for 03 was 14500 units.

As far as the 7 Series, im looking for a 740iL. I love that V8, and I think it would make an excellent car for long trips. I have seen a few here in the bay area, but am heading to the east coast next month and may pick one up there. I dont care for any of the bay area dealers. [?|]

Last edited: