Confusion regarding use of aux input jack on x3

lfeiwel

Dealer installed aux jack for ipod in my x3. Unfortunately installed into AUX, which means only volume control on steering wheel/radio works. Not next selection/previous selection. I thought it could be installed as 'CD Changer' in which case I would get volume and next selection functions. does anyone know if it can be wired into something other than aux, or how the next/previous function could be activated. I have the std radio, no cd changer currently installed

thanks

relsah

Where did you have the aux input installed? Where do you get power for your IPOD?

I’m taking delivery of an X3 next week, and wants to have the aux input for my IPOD as well. Searching from multiple BMW boards tell me that another option aside from the aux input is the use of dension icelink. It hooks up to your cd changer wiring (at the trunk). The beauty of it is that you could control the IPOD thru your wheels (vol, tracks), it even power itself up/down whenever you change the source.
My problem with this setup is that I don’t know how to run the wires from the trunk to the center console (where I want my IPOD to sit).

BTW, how much did the aux input set you back? Can you post a pic where they installed the aux input?

TIA

lfeiwel

they can install in cupholder,glove compartment,or where the dvd map is, if not installed. No power was installed...Denison probably all around better for functionalty.. Cost was $40 plus labor, one or two hours depending on dealer