Caution! Caution! Caution!

junglestylz

1000 Post Club
If you have a computer with Windows NT or Windows 2000, you will definately want to run Inoculate IT Or it equal over your entire system. We just spent 17 hours trying to anhialate the poza worm that is causing havock on these systems. It will give you a svchost error, and it infects the system32 files. It places a file by the name of MSBLAST.exe in Winnt/systems32 and a pointer to it registry. If you need further info, post on here and I will reply to your post. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME.

junglestylz

1000 Post Club
NT 4.0; NT 4.0 Terminal Services Edition; 2000; XP; 2003

These are the knowns so far. The 2003 being server

This is the same virus/worm that is being publicized. It is known as the POZA virus/worm and acts moderately like the Trojan. Servers and network are extremely affected by it being as it is now found to block and affect RPC protocols.

Last edited:

junglestylz

1000 Post Club
Inoculate IT is a virus protection software that was created directly for server applications. Norton would do the same. It would be located under wintt/system32/msblast if it is on your computer.

Last edited:
muhahaha. this thing brought down servers related to where i work. however all of my companies servers were A-OK today because we updated them last friday.

this was nothing new. microsoft sent out a message last week saying something along the lines of: hey! you know those updates we say are really important. well all of them are, but this one is REALLY important, so maybe you should get this one at all costs. problems? well, not at the moment, but, ah, well, theres this little program that is a SLIGHT bit on the breachable side, and theroreticly speaking it could be a weak link... [mad]

the suits at the department of homeland security were none too pleased today. trust me, [;)]

however my end was like a ducks a$$. see answer below.

lol

(thgit retaw :A)

carcus

1000 Post Club
junglestylz said:
If you have a computer with Windows NT or Windows 2000, you will definately want to run Inoculate IT Or it equal over your entire system. We just spent 17 hours trying to anhialate the poza worm that is causing havock on these systems. It will give you a svchost error, and it infects the system32 files. It places a file by the name of MSBLAST.exe in Winnt/systems32 and a pointer to it registry. If you need further info, post on here and I will reply to your post. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME.
I am glad I got NAV corporate edition. Great program.....also my firewall is pretty good. My work just put a warning about the virus this week....it is getting around.[eek]