BUGATTI VEYRON( Super Car))

mikev

Bournemouth, England (but still at my desk)
Abdoman said:
So the what you are talking about is SAE Gross, not SAE net. SAE net includes all the accessories, while SAE Gross does not. This means that there actually is a conversion from SAE Net to DIN, but not to SAE Gross, which doesn't include the accessories. This web site states that SAE net = bhp therefore, since the car has 1001 bhp, 1001 bhp = 1001 hp SAE net. This means that conversion to DIN is valid in this case and this car, could in theory have 1015 hp DIN.

But then, if you have 1001 hp, what is 14 HP[:p]

This is all very confusing! English units, metric units I hate conversions!
The extra 14hp means that you can afford £650,000 worth of car [:D] hell 14hp is a powerful moped[thumb]

now i see. thanks abdoman. i was reading for SAE and DIN and BHP as well and what i found didn't make a hint that there are two SAE versions. that is why i posted it. any way, yeah, 14 hp (DIN or SAE or whatever...who cares..) i would not worry about, too. [hihi]

Outside of Michael Shumacher how do you get 1001 bhp onto the ground? Electronics? That means 200 , 300 , wait! ( it's really dry! ) 400bhp when the computer lets you.

Or?

Simple rubber oblivion.

Would you attempt an F1 car on a public road?

Has Michael Shumacher tried?

Have Bugatti ever managed it before? ( Remember Ettore's classic statement on the importance of good brakes ... my cars are meant to go not stop! )

The clear answer is you can't.

looking at a lambo or Mclaren F1 with some 600 hp that actually can start, even a 1001 hp bugatti should get moving without leaving a blue cloud. you don't have to start with 6500 rpm.

but that is definetly a point. getting that much power on the ground is a very interesting challenge. [:D]