BMW ties Lexus for overall customer satisfaction!

Lexus again scored 87 of 100 points in the study released today by the
University of Michigan's National Quality Research Center. BMW's
1-point gain from a year ago tied it with Toyota's luxury division.
Toyota's main brand and Honda Motor Co.'s Honda were next, as both rose
2 points to 86 in the survey of buyers who've owned their vehicles between 6 months and 3 years.
2008 American Customer Satisfaction Index.

[bmwkick]

Rank Make 2008 2007
1 Lexus 87 87
1 BMW 87 86

2 Toyota 86 84
2 Honda 86 84
3 Buick 85 86
3 Cadillac 85 86
3 Saturn 85 81
4 Lincoln-Mercury 83 86
4 Hyundai 83 83
4 GMC 83 82
5 Mercedes-Benz 82 83
5 Nissan 82 80
6 Volkswagen 81 80
7 Pontiac 80 80
7 Ford 80 80
7 Chrysler 80 79
7 Mazda 80 78
7 Kia 80 78
8 Chevrolet 79 82
9 Dodge 78 80
10 Jeep 76 75

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
I'm not surprised considering I have never had to take the 07' X3 in for service once... BMW does build excellent cars, all they need to do is workout those runflat issues, which were a bad idea in my mind, and fix their electronic quirks. Perhaps building their own transmissions would help too. Aside from the above, BMW is a near perfect brand of: high quality cars, excellent safety features, fuel efficient engines in practical models, and they're a blast to drive. Yes I know... I'm preaching to the choir.

I'm not surprised considering I have never had to take the 07' X3 in for service once... BMW does build excellent cars, all they need to do is workout those runflat issues, which were a bad idea in my mind, and fix their electronic quirks. Perhaps building their own transmissions would help too. Aside from the above, BMW is a near perfect brand of: high quality cars, excellent safety features, fuel efficient engines in practical models, and they're a blast to drive. Yes I know... I'm preaching to the choir.
I'm actually really, really surprised considering all the electrical problems that almost every new BMW (with iDrive especially) has had, and is having. While I think BMW makes some of the Best!! engines in the world, I know so many people with new/newer models and while they love the performance of their Bimmers, they are really fed up with all the electronic hiccups. Since my 2005 M3, every new BMW model we've owned has had a lot of issues (surprisingly though, the 750Li has been the "least" problematic of our new Bimmers [ but harldy problem free]). Both the 07' and the 08' new X5s have been bad, and my 2006 330i was not so great! [:(]

I too think the X3 is an awesome, extremely reliable SAV. I think since it has a lot of parts from the E46, and their is NO iDrive..it is a very "old school" BMW. I needed something a little bigger (and I really wanted the power rear hatch that the X3 does not offer), but I almost got an 08' X3 3.0si. I think it is a phenomenal vehicle!!

Every vehicle that BMW has manufactured made history. They make great looking, nice features, especially the (SPAM LINK REMOVED), and high-end vehicle models. There's nothing wrong with the ranks of these vehicles. Nice observations and analysis. After so many years, they're still on top.

Last edited by a moderator: