Another newbie seeking advice on a used 520 S

Hello folks!

I am new to this board and also new to the world of BMWs. I am currently stationed in Germany, but will soon be returning to the States. I have an opportunity to purchase a used BMW and the Army will ship it back to the States at no charge to me. But I figured I should ask some knowledgeable folks for some advice/comments on this car.

Here is the description:
1994 BMW 520 S
145,000 Km (90,100 miles)
Sunroof, no air conditioning
Manual transmission
beige paint
Dealer maintained, clean, kept in garage
Asking Euro 5000 (roughly $5,500 US)

Are there any potential concerns? The Army will ship one auto back to the States and I want to take advantage of this opportunity, but should I keep looking for another car? Maybe a newer BMW?

Any insight into this series or alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom

Staff Team
That's not a bad deal, just remember the 520i has around 150hp so it wont be all that fast, but its great in terms of fuel economy. Since the US never received the 520i, I'm not sure how accessible the parts are if anything were to go wrong. Perhaps thats something you might want to consider in making your decision.

Cars available in the US were: 530i, 535i, 540i.

Thanks for the insight. I will definitely take a look at the 530i, 535i, and 540i before I make any decision on this 520. I will also check out Pentagon Car Sales; I had not heard of them.