X5 4.8is...

OOOOHH!!!

4.8is huh... They totally slipped that one by me, I really did not see this coming at all. Fabulous vehicle!! Can't wait to see the specs because I think BMW has purposely edged most of the competition again as they did with the original models. I'm so proud of the the X series![thumb] Good Eye MrEllusive!!

Thanks, Kierre. I think BMW did this because the FX45 was too much competition for the X5 4.6is at a significantly lower price. Once the 4.6is comes out, BMW will be on top for the highest performance SUV again. [:D]

well that and the fact that the new 4.4i makes 315 horses for couple hundred bucks more than last years model, vs near 70k sticker for the 345 horse 4.6i

the new 4.8i is slated for sometime later in the model year. if there's one thing i dun like, it's the steering wheel from the x3 sports package. i think i'ts ugly.. is this another example of bmw being bungled?

Last edited:
I don't like the way either the new X5 4.8is or the X3 look, it just looks too busy or something. I like the current model quite a bit better, even though I'm not that crazy about SUVs in the first place.