which is better?????

i need your guy's advice. i like 18s but was told that they will be a pain with rubbing and when people are in the car. should just keep it simple and get 17s? thanks!

ps. what are the advantages/disadvantages or 17" and 18"?

i sent this PM to another use when he asked me about 17's and 18's and if it was a big difference in both appearance and performance. here it is....

the inch between 17 and 18 is probably the biggest inch out there.

17"
pros: cheaper wheels, cheaper tires, maybe a better selection in general, and in price range. also in general would be lighter weight, BUT you can get super light 18's. also won't be so flashy, but i don't know if thats what you are going for.

cons: more tire needed to fill wheel well. everybody has them

18"
pros: really badass looking. fills out wheel wells better, though i'd still recommend sport springs/shocks for either wheel size

cons: more expensive wheels, more expensive tires, more money to get light weight wheels, but when you do, then ohhhh man, then you're rockin. lower-pro tires = easier to do damage on pot holes.

its a tough call, if i had the dough, i'd do two piece super light 18's on my car. that'd look slick with some good springs/shocks. but again, if you roast the tires (like we all love to do) you have to pay more to get tread back on the car.

PuShAkOv

2000 Post Club
will 18" fit on my car? I love the ones TOM has on... whatever they are. I maybe will make my stock winter-only.

How do you think these Chrome 18" will look on my car:

Last edited:
those m3 rims are sweet. depending on price of course. low profile 18 inch summer tires are damn expensive. close to lil under 300 for the rear fattys.