What car does BMW rally in?

If you ever get a chance try to find a tape of Irish Tarmac Rally Championships. E30 M3's galore. Sick stuff.

Also, I've read rumors that the intention of the M1 was originally for Group B rally and then the whole Procar debacle came around giving them new purpose. I can't back that one up though.

Prodrive used to rally M3's all the time before working with Subaru.

I heard that M1 was made to beat Porsches in races, for some reason Porsche didn't run that year and no one could get passed the M1. I got that from a MotorSport history video done by that dude in Top Gear, don't remember his name but some people call him the luckiest man on earth because of all the cars he gets to drive.

andreyiv said:
I heard that M1 was made to beat Porsches in races, for some reason Porsche didn't run that year and no one could get passed the M1. I got that from a MotorSport history video done by that dude in Top Gear, don't remember his name but some people call him the luckiest man on earth because of all the cars he gets to drive.
I believe his name is Tiff something or other. I want to say Henderson, but I'm not sure.