WARNING - Racing Dynamics Products

Warning to our U.S. and Canadian Customers.

Racing Dynamics S.p.A. of Milan, Italy is not supplying any of its products to either Electrodyne, Inc. nor Racing Dynamics Inc.
These companies, both based in Alexandria, VA, registered the Racing Dynamics trademark in the U.S. and Canada, and are manufacturing products that are 1:1 copies of our original designs (such as the Tornado AeroKits), as well as promoting the sale of such products on their web site by using our copyrighted images that they illegally downloaded off our site.
This situation has created a lot of confusion amongst BMW owners and our loyal customers alike, as most of them expect Racing Dynamics brand products to be the ones manufactured by our company in Europe, but are instead buying knock-offs manufactured either in the Far East or domestically.

We apologize for this situation and wish to reiterate to the BMW community that:

as of January 1, 2003, any new product being sold in the U.S. and Canada under the Racing Dynamics brand name, was most likely NOT manufactured by Racing Dynamics S.p.A. and is, therefore, a knock-off of our product.

If you intend to purchase the original Racing Dynamics products from Racing Dynamics S.p.A., please note that such products are only available in the U.S. and Canada under the RDSport® brand name.

If you need any assistance in determining whether the product you intend to purchase is manufactured by Racing Dynamics S.p.A. or is a copy, please email:

genuineornot@racdyn.com

heads up guys if you're buying any of thier stuff...

Very interesting.

Apparently there was a relationship between RD USA and RD S.P.A., but the details are sketchy as to how and when it ended, let alone why.

I would expect the RD USA folks to have a different view and would be interested to see how the products compare. Setting aside the trademark and patent infringement issues, it is possible that the RD USA products are of decent quality.

Two sides to every story and all that.

Does RD USA make any complete cars?

Racing Dynamics misinformation

This post is in reply to several posts that contain misleading information

First, don’t get hysterical! It is very easy for someone to post anything on the Internet and make it look plausible. For starters Racing Dynamics was started in the USA and Mr. Pavoncelli sold his complete USA company to the current management in 1988 because it was in financial difficulties. In between the start of the USA company and the sale of the USA company he started an Italian company. We paid him a considerable sum of money for all the assets of this company including the trademarks. This is not something that just happed last month or last year. In addition, we advanced him a considerable amount of money to continue his operations in Italy and supply us with product. At various times over the last 15 years he has decided to hold us hostage by not delivering products that both companies were selling. Each time he has done this we were forced to engineer and manufacture those products we were offering for sale based upon Mr. Pavoncelli’s promises to deliver these products to us and his then reneging on these promises.

These writings lead you to believe all Racing Dynamics products originated in Italy. This is far from the truth. Racing Dynamics, Inc was the developer of many of the Racing Dynamics products including all of the suspension systems and many of the aerodynamics styling parts sold in North America for the past 15 years. We engineered and manufactured all sway bar kits and strut bars. In fact the only sway bar kits sold by Racing Dynamics SpA up to 1995 were ours that were shipped to Italy for sale throughout the world as theirs. We in fact shipped containers of goods every few months to Italy for sale throughout the world as official RACING DYNAMICS products. Just for the record Mr. Pavoncelli still has not paid us for the last container of goods we sent to Italy. $33,000 since 1995!
Even during the last 3 years we shipped goods produced by us to RACING DYNAMICS Gmbh (another bankrupt company of Mr. Pavoncelli’s) and to RD Sport for sale throughout the world.

Our attorneys are well aware of the defamatory statements being made by Mr. Pavoncelli and will make the appropriate legal action when the financial penalties justify it.

As you can see there are many sides to each story. We can assure you that our companies have been in business over 35 years as Electrodyne, Inc and over 15 years as Racing Dynamics, Inc and will continue to give each customer excellent products at fair pricing and great customer service.
We engineer and manufacture our own line of BMW tuning accessories and stand behind them. We hope you will evaluate our products and companies on their merits and not the innuendos of others. Talk to people who have dealt with us and then make your decision fairly.

Racing Dynamics, Inc

Big Daddy

First, don’t get hysterical! It is very easy for someone to post anything on the Internet and make it look plausible.
I did not notice anyone getting "hysterical", and second, if "It is very easy for someone to post anything", how do we know your not someone else, or the party that is in the wrong. If you are legit and wanted to defend yourself, coming onto our board and calling us "hysterical" was not the proper approach. So now even if your legit and right in all this, I personally will never buy your product again.

Big Daddy said:
I did not notice anyone getting "hysterical", and second, if "It is very easy for someone to post anything", how do we know your not someone else, or the party that is in the wrong. If you are legit and wanted to defend yourself, coming onto our board and calling us "hysterical" was not the proper approach. So now even if your legit and right in all this, I personally will never buy your product again.
To each his own and all that, but I don't feel racingdynamics_inc came out all that strong or anti-bmw board.

I don't own any RD products, and probably never will, but I am still open to their purchase and would love to see some comparisons of the quality of the products from the two competing companies.

I don't know who is in the right, but I can understand why racingdynamics_inc was a little defensive, particularly if you look at the original posts from bignate, wadula and tom. Nothing wrong with those posts, but certainly capable of producing a reaction in someone with a vested interest in this issue.

Big Daddy

brahtw8 said:
To each his own and all that, but I don't feel racingdynamics_inc came out all that strong or anti-bmw board.
I never said that "racingdynamics_inc came out all that strong or anti-bmw board" did I? I am not really sure what "all that strong" means, however all I suggested was that his language, "hysterical" was not the proper approach in this case. I think he could have made his point very well had he left the first sentence off his post.

Picky with words, big daddy?

I thought it best said:
brahtw8 said:
I don't own any RD products, and probably never will, but I am still open to their purchase and would love to see some comparisons of the quality of the products from the two competing companies.

I don't know who is in the right, but I can understand why racingdynamics_inc was a little defensive, particularly if you look at the original posts from bignate, wadula and tom. Nothing wrong with those posts, but certainly capable of producing a reaction in someone with a vested interest in this issue.

i dont own any of thier products either, never will i find them too hard to find a good source for, quality or not i see racing dynamics as kinda secretive ive seen thier stuff at race tracks of course, but if i were to search for something for my car i cant find it, yet i hear they make it. and this is true racingdynamics_inc could be a fake, cause there really is no way of telling who is who on the internet, with out invading personal privacy. ive been into BMWs since i was like 10, and ive helped build 3 BMW race cars in that time. Never used a Racing Dynamics part ever cause they were to hard to find, or get ahold of without actully driving to a warehouse or a store that carries it, they dont seem to be very open to the public, almost secretive. i know most BMW owners have never heard of them.

Thats news to me. I bought my Racing Dynamics front lip spoiler and rear apron from HMS Motorsports and it was shipped from Electrodyne in Alexandria, VA. But I have been very happy with the product I have. Fit and finish was good and it was promptly shipped as agreed. I wouldn't have a problem doing business with them again.

Last edited:

JohnnyE34

Hmmmm, this whole things fishy to me. What should I do about RD Products....????? I GOT IT! Hey RD, send me a complete body kit for my E34 and I'll feel better about it!!![hihi] [:D] [:D]