Toyota demands removal of Toyota theme wallpapers

[ohcrap][boxface]

Toyota, one of the biggest car companies in the world, is often a name synonymous with quality. There is even a philosophy of doing business, called "The Toyota Way" which emphasizes that the right result will come from the right process, and that solving the root problems brings the organization the greatest benefit.

This ‘Way’ is probably not communicated to its lawyers in great detail, which is why Desktopnexus, a site that provides desktop backgrounds, has been contacted by them. In perhaps one of the most wildly arrogant demands in DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) history, Toyota’s lawyers are demanding the withdrawal of all wallpapers that feature a Toyota, Scion, or Lexus. The site’s owner, Harry Maugans contacted Toyota to clarify. He was told that all images featuring Toyota vehicles should be removed, even images with copyright belonging to others.

I demand the removal of all Toyota Corolla's, Camry's, and Yaris' from the left lane. They always drive so close to my front bumper, it's not even funny. Thank you for your co-operation.

I wonder if they'll do the same to all the POS forums?

That'd be hilarious - no logos on the front page, no avatars or signatures. Perhaps they should ban anyone using the word POS aswell.

Last edited: