Smoked "SMOKEM"

Today at lunch I blew away “SMOKEM” (Hyundai Tiburon, “SMOKEM” was his plate).

So I am driving along minding my own business when this silver Tiburon come barreling up behind me and this guy was all over the place, racing around cars and cutting people off. I saw his license plate and the dual coffee-can muffler things that were clearly “performance upgrades” and I just could not resist so I follow him for a couple of blocks and the closest I could get was one car away because of traffic.

He was first at the light followed by another car that was turning right and then me. The light turn green and he nails his 170hp monster for all it was worth. I am behind the car turning rights and held back the length of the entire crossing intersection that is three lanes each way plus turning lanes before I could actually go.

Despite his HUGE head start I caught up to him about 50 yards past the end of the intersection. He moved over to the left lane (right lane ends) as I was coming up behind him and as I passed him (still well before the lane ended) I could hear his car was maxed; I’m surprised it didn’t explode the way it sounded. I just could not believe it, I made my way completely around him got in front like he had the brake on. I was about 10 car lengths ahead by the next light, this despite all the muffler noise he was putting out and that damn intimidating license plate.

I was embarrassed for him, I mean really, “SMOKEM” on a Tiburon, what was he thinking. I think SMOKED would be more appropriate. But I admit, I would have expected a little more from his car and his choice of plate sure does not fit and obviously added no additional HP. [rofl]

epj3

I beat a tiburon the other day too! I ended up racing him exactly how you did -- with me waving around to try to catch up!!

He had fart-cans and everything!! Dont make fun of 170 hp, i only had 167 [:p]

I only beat him by 2 car lengths though.

Nice run, Bryan!

Personally, I never see aggressive Tiburon drivers, but they're not true sports cars. I've read that when you try to push them moderately hard around the turns, they quickly lose their composure.