Sirius?

Hellooo~
I ordered for the pre-wiring of the Sirius Satellite Radio ($75) for my new X3 3.0i. I'm just a little confused about this 'wiring' thing... My dealer told me that after you have my sirius pre-wired from the factory, he'd install the radio later. What does he mean? I could ask my dealer, but I feel like asking you guys [:D] .
It seems from the Sirius homepage that it costs about $145 per year for the services. I need some feedback on this service also.
Thanks in advance~~[thumb]

I also ordered X3 sat radio prewire. I've had similar questions, here I what I've learned.

First, the wiring is prerequesite for being able to buy the radio itself (and having it installed), that will cost you $300-$500 I'm told and that includes the first year of service. After that it is $145 per year and I don't believe it is removeable.

No commercials, higher quality sound and better quality music is what I'm told but I'm not sure its for me.

hoop

Hmm...thanks for the reply~
So...would that extra(?) satellite radio be an external one or would it have some chip inserted into the current radio? I'm not sure if I would want to have extra devices hanging from the dashboard...[confused]

howiem98

I just got Sirius on my '01 33 convertible. I got the Audiovox "plug-n-play"-- attaches to a cell phone cradle below the radio. I can pop it out and take it out to listen at home as well. It's GREAT! If you like sports, get Sirius (all NBA, NHL and NFL games)-- otherwise maybe get XM, for $3 less per month. You can get a yearly subscription to Sirius for less than $12/month if you buy the year in advance. I almost made a HUGE MISTAKE by replacing the factory BMW radio with a Sirius dual FM/satellite radio. Most of the replacement radios don't show enough text for the name of the group and song. I get that on the plug n'play, so I can rapidly shift from one channel to another to another to another to another etc., all in a split second, until I find a song that I like. If you get the plug n'play you might want to spring about $100 or so to get a "direct connection" (I think you connect the receiver to the "aux in"), otherwise you'll have what I have, where it sounds good but not like a song from an FM station on the radio. I will be getting a direct connect soon, however. If you live in a rural area with only a couple of radio stations, I think Sirius or XM is a must. If you live in a big city with lots of music stations and some all-news stations, it's debateable. I like the sports, the music, and being able to listen to Fox News.