race : X5 4.4 vs ML55

so at our club's meet tonight i brought out the ol' ml55 and one of our regular members had the x5 4.4

http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~asykes/

right click on the video and choose save target as or save as

i'm in the ml55.
we ran twice, i pulled in the top end both times
pretty even off the line...
first time i just rolled onto the throttle
the 2nd time i left foot braked to 2000rpm and
stomped the throttle...traction control light turned
on heheh

Oh man, nice run, but screw that dude. At the car show, they had the 2005 G55 AMG. Unlike the current the G55 AMG with 300-something horsepower, this beast was supercharged like the other big dog AMG models and was pushing 470hp. The 0-60 was 5.5 seconds...can you believe that? A freaking boxy bastard G55 AMG doing 0-60 in 5.5 seconds...absolutely ridiculous !!!

the g class does look really mean....my ml55 (2001 tom) is more like a minivan looking thingy....but amg tried hard to make it mean with 18" amg wheels and huge red brembo calipers

Well, the G-Class is a box on wheels. I really like the ML55 AMG, it is quite a pimp daddy SUV, I just wish MB wouldn't discontinue and then bring it back so much. But then again, I am partial to the M-class since we've gone through an ML430 and now have a ML500 with 24,000 miles on it. When we give it back beginning of '05, I want a X5 4.8is.

x5 4.8is that's what i'm talking about. anyone that's driven one, i'd love to know what your thought are.. i'm probably getting one but i want to know what people think of em before i sign on the line that is dotted.

BTM3 said:
I would, I just can't seem to find any dealers in my immediate area that have one to test drive.
Understandable. So test-drive an X5 4.4i and pretend it has faster acceleration, tighter handling (and stiffer ride along with that), and stronger brakes. [:)]

BTM3

On Memorial Day, I took an X5 4.6is out as one had just come in off of a lease. Had 14k miles on it. I can't say that I really noticed a difference from the 4.4. I didn't see any huge differences that make it worth 15k more above a loaded 4.4. Its one thing when you're comparing the 3 series to an M3 but there aren't as many visual cues other than some color choices, bigger rims (which can just be upgraded aftermarket), and spoilers. I actually pulled up to a new X5 3.0 that had 22's on it, stealth badging (no 3.0) and the spoilers and exhaust kit. we were at a stoplight and he was admiring my car, I mentioned that his looked great and he said that it was just the 6 cylinder, but it still looked great! I'm thinking I'll probably just get a loaded 4.4 and throw some bigger wheels on it and leave it at that.