Now this is power !!!

How could you tell, the belt running to the engine? [;)]

Back to the thread, there are a few twin-turbo 850s out there, making 500-550 hp, as well as some similarly powered 750s (mostly E32s for some reason).

joske

from what I have seen dinanbmw.com makes pretty much bolt up kits for the 5.0 (e32) but not the 5.4(e36?) (they also make a lot of other misc performance parts for the 5.0 not the 5.4 Being the only bmw performance company I have been able to find I think this is why.

joske said:
from what I have seen dinanbmw.com makes pretty much bolt up kits for the 5.0 (e32) but not the 5.4(e36?) (they also make a lot of other misc performance parts for the 5.0 not the 5.4 Being the only bmw performance company I have been able to find I think this is why.
The 5.4 was in E38 sevens and E31 eights. (E36 is a 1992-1998/9 3er). I am sure people have done turbo or supercharged 5.4s, but I haven't seen any.

I agree that it looks more like a charger then a turbo. first i see no connection to the exhaust system and second it is no twin. It does not have to, i know, but it would make more sense. second, simply the look is more charger then turbo.

SAP_Pete

It's a PowerDyne supercharger of some sorts, pretty low boost / low output compared to the big ATI Prochargers or Vortechs.

Looks familiar ?

Last edited: