now this is a car

This is obviously some non-street-legal ghetto Lambo...and why is the transmission listed as Auto???
Either way, true Lamborghinis are like motorcycles in auto form. They even have the characteristics of a bike...they are mad loud and they take 15 - 20 minutes to warmup.

MrElussive said:
This is obviously some non-street-legal ghetto Lambo...and why is the transmission listed as Auto???
This baby is a Funny Car, built for the 1/4 mile track and nothing else. If you tried to take a corner at 30 mph it would roll over. It's just fiberglas body replica of a Lambo, not a real Lambo. Many of the Funny Cars today use an automatic tranny (all?), and as I recall they are usually 2 speed. Why? For all the same reasons as an SMG. [burnout]

mikev

Bournemouth, England (but still at my desk)
Kirby said:
This baby is a Funny Car, built for the 1/4 mile track and nothing else. If you tried to take a corner at 30 mph it would roll over. It's just fiberglas body replica of a Lambo, not a real Lambo. Many of the Funny Cars today use an automatic tranny (all?), and as I recall they are usually 2 speed. Why? For all the same reasons as an SMG. [burnout]
yea they use 2 sped autos. the auto isn't torque converter stuff like a normal road they are electronically programed to shift at a given rpm. the 2 speed os for well 2 reasons. 1 they are handling thousands of HP and the least to go wrong the better. also they only travel 1/4 mile at a time and due to the enormous power 2 gears is all they need also the valuable tenths or hundredths of secs it takes to change gear to beat the other guy.