nav system

I just recently ordered my BMW, but am having second doubts about not getting the Nav System. I can still add it, but was looking for some comments and reviews from some people that have a 2004. If anyone has any pro's or con's please respond. Also, do you need to have the DVD in the system whenever you use it, and does this prevent you from playing CD's if you only have the in-dash cd player?

I have just bought a 2004 325ci and haven't been able to drive it yet because I am in IRAQ. So I can't tell you how good it is, but I do know that you have to have the DVD in whenever you use the nav system and it does prevent you from using the cd player.

I wondered about nav systems until I tried driving through Italy with just a road map. There is no question you should have one. Go to enough countries and you will get your money back on saving from buying local maps which will always be after you've got lost.

Pierce: just emailed my dealer out here and this is what he said.

"You can still listen to music cds as the Music player is behind the nav screen and the slot for the nav disc is located in the trunk."

snowcrash I am in Baghdad. Sorry fo the mistake about nav system. I thought that is what my dealer had told me and I know from experience with another nav system that you couldn't do both at the same time.