IRL Champ Scott Dixon testdrives for BMW Williams

The Indy champ drove 59 laps in the FW26 and posted a fastest lap .4 behind Ralf Schumacher. He said that he encountered neck pain as he wasn't used to the right hand turns in the track.

He'll test again in Barcellona. I wonder whether he'll end up replacing Schumacher next year. Imagine if it was Webber (from Australia) to replace Montoya, and Dixon (from New Zealand) to replace Schumacher??? Two Australiasian drivers at Williams...bizarre!

epj3

That's pretty cool, I think they are looking at him to replace montoya -- since montoya is definitely out of there. Ralf is still in talks (though I hope he leaves... i dont really like him compared to his brother)

In the press conference at Bahrain, Williams have said that the test Dixon did was just really taking an opportunity to get him in the car. The real test will come next week in Barcelona where he'll drive for 3 days. Williams were impressed with Dixon's calmness and maturity behind the wheel...sounds all very promising to me.

If Dixon can be so close to Ralf in his first F1 experience after 1 day, let's see how he goes after 3. Though apparently Ralf was testing setup that day, so maybe the results are skewed.

Dixon looks awfully good and can be signed for a fraction of RS.

I don't see Webber at Williams (though I would like to) because Flavio Briatorie (Renault Team Head) is also his manager -- it would take a huge chunk of coin to get him.

I have my hopes on Frank and Patrick getting Kimi. You know he's miserable at McLaren and could beat Michael in an FW27...

Or why not Fisi if Ferrari won't have him? Sure he's no spring chicken, but has a few solid years left.