First 1400 miles

Ralphw

Well, break-in is over, 1400 miles have passed under the wheels and I still love it. The last couple hundred miles have seen a noticeable improvement in the response of the engine. It seems to want to rev a bit now and letting it loose is fun and comfortable.

Things I like...The color is perfect (Silver Gray and Gray Leather). The exhaust note is different, but pleasant. I love the handling...every corner becomes a challenge. The adaptive headlight system took some getting used to, but I really like it now. The sun roof is nice (not gonna get used much in the Texas summers [:)]). Premium sound is great...far better than the standard in the 325. In general the car has lived up to my expectations!!

Things I don't like...The damned "Pass Airbag Off" light. It's ON all the time and it doesn't go out unless someone is sitting in the Pax seat. The lack of some type of bump strip on the exterior. I haven't been dinged yet, but it's just a matter of time and with no protection, the first one could be big. The lack of an available HomeLink system yet...when is it going to get here (ought to be standard equip). The rear seat folding...easy to do but not folding all the way flat makes the storage area a little less useful. The goofy little spoiler/extension over the rear window seems to pull more dirt in onto the window than the other way around (the purpose as stated to me was to keep the rear window clear). It would also appear that the "adaptive" brake lights aren't yet enabled...just read a post about that feature becoming available by software update in a couple of months. I'm not sure about the "vent" function of the sunroof with the shade closed...I nearly washed the entire inside at a car wash when I almost forgot the thing was UP [:o] ...(OK that last one isn't the cars fault, just the screwball behind the wheel). Last, but not least is the weight of the doors...they just feel too light. I know there is a lot more aluminum in there than in previous BMW's, but they don't feel solid and comfortable...no solid "thunk" when they close.

The "don't like" list seems longer than the "like list, but the "don't like" items are mostly minor little things that I'm sure are either teething issues with a new model or are "getting used to" items. Overall, the experience has been great, the car has lived up to my expectations and is performing as advertised. I'm happy and would reccomend the car with no reservations.

Ralphw

Don't misunderstand me...I love the way it looks. I just wish they had found a way to protect the sides a bit more. The accent fold in the side panels is looking like a prime door pop target.

The damned "Pass Airbag Off" light. It's ON all the time and it doesn't go out unless someone is sitting in the Pax seat.
Just thought I'd let you can manually disable the light altogether. It's just a matter of openning the top console where the light is and unplugging the light.