Calling all freakishly tall X5 drivers..

Ok... so I'm in the market for CPO vehicle. I'm looking at a used X5... at herein lies the problem - I'm pushing 7' tall and need some %(*%*#@ leg room and headroom! Does anyone know how to or have ever modified an X5 seat to give more room for the driver? For the love of god - my 325 is more comfortable than the X5... but I NEED the cargo room..

I'm close to giving up hope - I've eliminated every SUV on the market and am out of options... now it's onto modifiing something...

Holy crap, you're 7' tall? Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez dude. Heh, I'm only BARELY 5'7"[V]. Anyways, the X5 is pretty roomy...your 325i fits you better than an X5? That is surprising to me as the 3-Series vehicles seem very "tight" on the inside, IMO.
You can have a seat modification done...the dealership can arrange that for you as they can do it for basketball players. But modifying the seat like that compromises safet in an accident...are you absolutely sure the stock X5 seats don't fit you???

Well, technically I'm a tad over 6'10" flat foot and would be 6'11" in shoes. I rounded up from there. The 3 series has an insane amount of leg room. While the X5 has about the same, the center console flares out and restricts leg room for the right leg (the 3 doesn't do this). Same goes for the X3 (center console jams into my right knee).

The auto trend these days is to surround the driver with dashboard, center consoles, and moonroofs that shrink the interior space. The new Expedition/Navigator - too small. Explorer - maybe if I was a FOOT shorter. Benz MLs - yeah right! Infiniti FX - whatever! Lexus RX330 - might as well buy a Ford Focus! It's a total joke. THe auto industry is creating cabins so that the small people (under 6') will feel safe in their huge vehicles.

I have nothing against average hieght people (or shorter than average) it just bugs the crap out of me that in the past 4 years the cabins of ALL large vehicles has shrunk considerably leave us big folks with nothing comfortable to drive. [:(]

At 5'7" push your seat back in a 3 sedan... I'll bet you can barely reach the pedals. Oh and get this - according to BMW & Infiniti web sites, the G35 is supposed to have MORE leg/headroom than a 3... So I think to myself heck, I'll go check out one of those sweet machines! I couldn't drive that thing to save my life! Where do they get their numbers?! $*@(!)

I love being tall, but being tall + auto enthusiast = headaches