Brake Dust on Rims

Kmg3356

Due to the long winter we have had in the east, it has been difficult to wash my X5. I did spary it off at the car wash but finally got to hand wash it today. I couldnt get the brake dust off the inner rims.. I used the store bought wheel cleaners and it took off the surface stuff but not the tough stuff on the inner part of the rim.. Does this happen to all BMW rims ? How can I get it off.. It is only bad on the fronts . Thanks in advance .. Keith[mad]

DizeLLx

use the stuff the u clean ur kitchen oven with , spray it and ;eave it on for like 2 min then clean it with a brush and water, im form nyc so i know what u talking about , it cleans them and makes them look as new

Kmg3356

I tried Eagle One and it worked ok with some scrubbing.. I need to do them again to get the burned brake dust off when all this new snow melts.. Keith

I use Meguiars Hot Rims/Cool Care and works pretty well. Some folks talk about waxing their wheels to remove brake dust much easier. Usually with a simple hosing. HH

I hate to be the un-informed jacka$$ here but.......what is an older claybar. This is not an X series problem alone. My 530i has terrible brake dust issues.

An older claybar, is a claybar that has previously been used on the paint, but has picked up too much dirt to continue using on the painted finish. When that happens, I use the older / dirtier claybar on the wheels to help remove brake dust.