BMW Z3 Radiato Overflowing!! [?|]

Yes?

• Whohoo!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whohoo!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
[headbang][idea]Hey MY BMW Z3 1.9L overheated on me yesterday. I had just replaced the radiator the day before, and put in a new thermostat as well as replaced theupper and lower hoses. I first replaced the radiator becuz the old one was leaking between the aluminom and the expansion tank...so I thought maybe it will explode if I dont replace it. The new radiator also leaked between the expansin tank and its black plastic base... [idea] I took it to see Iron Man[headbang] and when coming home it overheated...Lots of white smoke and a long walk to the nearest gas station at night!! and an expensive tow. So... the fluid in the xpansion tank bubles & steams when turned on cold, and there is a weird cracking noise when accelerated. No vissible leaks coming from engine though...?? uhh. Help.

Last edited:

M.Regello

Something yo Check.

[headbang][idea]Hey MY BMW Z3 1.9L overheated on me yesterday. I had just replaced the radiator the day before, and put in a new thermostat as well as replaced theupper and lower hoses. I first replaced the radiator becuz the old one was leaking between the aluminom and the expansion tank...so I thought maybe it will explode if I dont replace it. The new radiator also leaked between the expansin tank and its black plastic base... [idea] I took it to see Iron Man[headbang] and when coming home it overheated...Lots of white smoke and a long walk to the nearest gas station at night!! and an expensive tow. So... the fluid in the xpansion tank bubles & steams when turned on cold, and there is a weird cracking noise when accelerated. No vissible leaks coming from engine though...?? uhh. Help.
If everything (belts, fan) else besides what you wrenched on is O.K., and if you didn't wrench on anything but what you said, and you bled the system, take the thermostat housing off and check to see if the thermostat is installed backwards. I don't know for sure if you can put the thermostat on that engine in backwards, but that is the only thing that I can think of that would act like that. If that is what happened, I think that you may need to go get a head set and put a new head gasket in it. Pull the plugs and do a compression check FIRST! Good Luck!